Attorneys for mesothelioma in Michigan – In the past several months, there has been an increase in the high rate of asbestos exposure in Michigan’s car plants, manufacturing businesses, and other occupations that put workers at risk for Mesothelioma diagnoses.
To that end, by filing legal claims against these businesses that produced asbestos-containing products, Michigan mesothelioma lawyers have assisted several Michigan workers in receiving compensation for their losses due to asbestos-related illnesses and disabilities.
The best mesothelioma attorneys in Michigan will be reviewed to you in this post. To acquire the complete information we have on this page, all you need to do is make sure you read this article all the way through.
What Are the Signs of Mesothelioma?
The thin layer of tissue that surrounds the majority of your internal organs, known as the mesothelium, can develop cancer (mesothelium). It is a lethal and aggressive type of cancer. There are mesothelioma treatments available, however for many mesothelioma patients, a full recovery is not possible.
Most frequently, mesothelioma attacks the tissue around the lungs (pleura). Pleural mesothelioma is the name given to this kind. Peritoneal mesothelioma, one of the most uncommon kinds of mesothelioma, affects tissue in the belly, around the heart, and around the testicles.
Signs and symptoms of mesothelioma vary depending on where the cancer occurs.
Pleural mesothelioma symptoms may include:
- Chest pain
- Painful coughing
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual lumps of tissue under the skin on your chest
- Unexplained weight loss
Peritoneal mesothelioma symptoms may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal swelling
- Unexplained weight loss
Other rare forms of mesothelioma may include pericardial mesothelioma and mesothelioma of tunica vaginalis.
Industries in Michigan Known for Asbestos Exposure
- Automobile manufacturing
- Chemical production
- Industrial milling
- Oil refining
- Power generation
- Vermiculite processing
Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyers
Michigan mesothelioma lawyers at national mesothelioma law firms are licensed to practice throughout the U.S., and at least one of them has an office in Michigan. The Weitz & Luxenberg mesothelioma law firm has an office in Detroit, and has a national reputation for securing some of the highest asbestos claims in the state.
Nationwide Mesothelioma Law Firms
- Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman
- Nemeroff Law
- Simmons Hanly Conroy
- Cooney & Conway
- Weitz & Luxenberg
Because most clients might not be able to travel to locate a Michigan mesothelioma attorney, a representative from a national law firm will travel to you. They understand clients might be dealing with severe cancer pains and as a result cannot easily travel. National mesothelioma law firms have representatives who travel frequently throughout the U.S. to meet with clients. The amazing thing here is that clients won’t be charged for their travel costs.
Notable Asbestos Verdicts Awarded to Michigan Workers
- $1.8 Million in 2018: A Michigan jury awarded $1.8 million to the family of James Parrot after a two-week trial. Parrot’s surviving family claimed their loved one died of lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure he contracted as a steel worker. It is among the highest lung cancer verdicts in Michigan’s history.
- $542,000 in 2009: A Michigan jury awarded $542,000 to Reed Avram for developing asbestosis caused by exposure to asbestos components supplied by the McMaster-Carr Supply Company. It was the first asbestos case to make it to a verdict in Michigan since 1992.
State Departments Overseeing Michigan’s Asbestos Laws
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration