TOP 10 MOST VENOMOUS SNAKE IN THE WORLD
Our planet is the most beautiful place to live on. However, this beauty is also a habitat of the deadliest creatures. Today I am going to show you top 10 most venomous snakes existing in our planet.
- BELCHER’S SEA SNAKE: This sea snake is found nearby tropical reefs in the Indian ocean, New Guinea, Gulf of Thailand, Indonesia and off the coast of the Philippines. It likes to eat small fishes, squids, octopus and shell fish. This sea creature can live up to 4 to 5 years. One drop of king cobra can kill over 150 people but the Belcher’s Sea snake can kill over 1000 people with only a few milligrams venom.
- INLAND TAIPAN: This elephant killer can change body color according to seasons cool, isn’t it? Well let’s continue. When the summer arrives, it takes lighter sandy color over body and in the winter almost a black color. This vicious creature consumes rats and small mammals found on the plains to survive. The average life of this deadly beauty is 10 to 15 years. Buts is it really dangerous for humans? I would say, undoubtedly. With a medium does of 0.03 mg/kg, its venom is powerful enough to do damage to 100 humans. This is not a snake to mess with.
- RATTLESNAKE: They are 32 species existing in the United States and they all have a distinctively triangular head and jointed rattles on their tail. It creates rattling noise to warn predators or passerby. Rattlesnakes eat lizards and ground squirrels, small rabbits, rats and mice, etc. A rattlesnake can live up to 20 to 30 years in captivity. However, a wild Rattle’s lifespan is less due to disease and insecurity of being prey. It’s capable to strike up to 2/3 their own body. The rattle snake does not chew its prey, it swallows it whole. At first bite the prey becomes immobilized. When Rattle penetrates its hollow fangs into victim’s flash, venom enters through twin hypodermic needles.
- EASTERN BROWN SNAKES: Well, I know the name is not threatening at but this is the most venomous snake in the world. This species is mostly popular in Australia. Eastern Brown eats frogs, reptile, reptile eggs, birds and mammals, especially rats and mice. The lifespan of this creature is unrevealed. However, records say that they can live up to 7 years in captivity. Just 1/14,000 of an ounce of the venom can kill an adult but relax, they prefer not to bite.
- BLACK MAMBA: Black Mamba is mainly found in Africa. If you find a Black Mamba and try to escape, rethink. 20kmph that’s Mamba’s gliding speed. It can constantly strike 12 times. Black Mamba’s prefers to eat small mammals such as rodents and squirrels but it’s not only food mambas can also eat birds. Black mambas reside in the savannas and rocky hills of southern and eastern Africa. 50% of human victims can’t survive after a bite from a mamba. However, you can try saving a life if you find a doctor because the death can occur within 15minutes to hardly 3 hours.
6.VIPERS: These species are found in most parts of the world, but mostly in central Asia, India and the Middle East. A viper’s diet list includes small mammals, birds, lizards and eggs. Just like Rattlesnake, a viper swallows its prey. Well finding a viper’s exact lifespan is much difficult but its shorter than that of one in captivity. A bite victim may experience his gums begin to bleed and irregular heartbeats with a quick drop in blood pressure.
- PHILIPPINE COBRA: At first sight, this Philippines cobra looks majestic and may remind us of ancient Egypt due to its unique head. The cobra is particularly fond of water, so it can be found near water bodies. This species consumes small mammals, frogs, other snakes such as mice and small rats. This wild king can live up to 20 years. Generally, a snake bites to release venom into a victim, but buddy this is a king cobra and it only needs to spit to hit the victim.
- TIGER SNAKE: This darling is incomparable in this list. No wonder, a snake whether from any category scares us but this one here is really beautiful because of yellow and black bands all over its body. In the wild, Tiger snake has a wide range of diet that includes fish frogs and tadpoles, lizards, birds and mammals. This deadliest creature can be easily found in costal area. Tiger snake can survive from 10 to 15 years in captivity. If we talked about a guy bitten by tiger snake, I don’t think you are going to like this but death usually between 6 to 24 hours. But the good news is antivenin has greatly increased chances of survival.
- DEATH ADDER: Unfortunately, this fierce killer is mostly found in Australia. Death Adder often hunts other snakes or I would say deadly venomous snakes that we’ve actually enlisted in our top ten’s list. Death Adder can live up to 15 years and the amazing fact is that According to the Forestry commission of England, it has been 20 years since a Death Adder has killed a single guy interesting right? Well, this creepy creature can be venomous but not attractive.
- KRAIT: krait is a highly venomous species found in India and neighboring countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka. Krait is a nocturnal species being seen only from late evening to early morning. Krait mostly prefers other snakes as food but sometimes other small animals can be an alternative diet. Just like other species it has an estimated lifespan of about 20 years. A victim of Krait suffers from severe abdominal cramps, blindness and in certain cases, death occurs due to respiratory failure.